Friday, January 16, 2009

Through the Eyes of Isaac


One of the few good things about autism is being able to see life with a different perspective. My little Isaac can (and always has been able to) see life in a different way. Sometimes what he sees is so obvious, but overlooked by the average set of eyes. In the photo above, Isaac has a "beard". It's actually the net to his basketball hoop, but to him, it was his beard. He was a "Daddy" for the evening. He even fell asleep with his beard on that night.
I truly love this about Isaac and I hope he continues to amaze me with his own interpretation of the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy! Tell your hubby that he's now in competition for the longest beard! :)

Vickie said...

What would we do without our kids? Don't answer that Barb. I love being able to see how others see thing differently. Life would be boring and lonely if we were all the same. Hope you are doing well.
Vickie

Me said...

He is really cute!!