Friday, February 20, 2009

Really Yummy Sugar Cookies


My mom found this recipe years ago and it has been our sugar cookie recipe ever since. Everyone loves them and always asks for the recipe. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!



Sugar Cookies
1-1/2 c. shortening (part butter)
2c. sugar
4 eggs
1t. vanilla
1t. lemon extract
5c. flour
2t. baking powder
2t. salt
Mix thoroughly shortening, sugar, eggs & flavorings. Blend in flour, baking powder & salt. Cover & chill for at least 1 hour. Heat oven to 400. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface. Cut into desired shapes. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges barely start to brown. Frost & enjoy!
Butter Cream Frosting
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter
4 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
3-4T. milk
Blend all ingredients together.

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

I am so trying these!!! My step-mom makes really yummy ones too, but for some reason they never come out as good when I do them! Hopefully this works for me!

Stacy said...

I can't wait to try these yummy cookies!